- What forms do you support?
1099-NEC 1099-MISC 1099-B 1099-K 1099-DIV 1099-S 1099-R 1099-C 1099-INT 1099-OID 1042-S 1098-C W-2 W-2G
State reconciliation forms as provided
STATE FORMS RECONCILIATION FORM(S) Arkansas W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A California 1099-NEC, 1099-DIV, 1099-R,1099-INT, 1099-MISC N/A Colorado W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Connecticut W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R CT-1096, CT-W-3 Georgia W-2, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-R G-1003 Hawaii 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, W-2 N/A Illinois W-2 N/A Indiana W-2, 1099-R N/A Kentucky W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Maine W-2, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-R N/A Maryland W-2 1099-R MW-508 Massachusetts W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Michigan W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Minnesota W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV N/A Mississippi W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-R N/A New Jersey W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT NJ W-3 New Mexico W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-R N/A North Dakota W-2, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-INT N/A Ohio 1099-R, W-2 N/A Oklahoma W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Oregon W-2, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, 1099-R N/A Pennsylvania W-2, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC REV-1667 Rhode Island W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R RI W-3 South Carolina W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Utah W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A Virginia W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R VA-6 Washington, D.C. W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R N/A
- Do you file combined Federal/State forms?
- No, only those States you activate for a particular payer will receive copies of that payer's forms electronically.
- What is the charge to file completed forms and when will I be charged?
- The fee is $5/form and includes federal filing, state filing, filing of any supported state reconciliation forms and optional printing and mailing of recipient copies.
- What form of payment do you accept?
- We accept MasterCard and Visa.
- When does the IRS/SSA receive the forms?
- Completed forms are submitted to the applicable agency immediately upon successful validation.
- How will I know if my forms are accepted?
Federal: When we receive notice that the IRS has accepted your forms, your status will automatically be updated in the system and you will receive an email alert.
States: States do not issue e-file acknowledgements like the IRS does. If a State does not accept your forms, you should receive a notice in the mail.
- How do I provide copies of forms to recipients?
- 1099-Prep will print and mail your recipient copies by default. You have the option to deselect the box if you do not want us to print and mail the recipient copies, at which point you can use the Reports feature to generate copies to send electronically, if desired.
- How do I get a copy of the completed forms?
- You can print final forms from the cart, by clicking the view icon next to a form where it is listed under the recipient or from the Reports utility after submission.
- Can I export my data to Excel for review?
- Yes, you may export all forms by clicking on the download button at the customer level.
- What is the difference between the customer and the payer?
- The customer is used for organization purposes. You may have one company or user that needs to file forms for different payers. Payers are the entities who made the payments and are filing the forms. The customer and the payer may be the same entity when there is only one payer in the group.
- Is 1099-Prep secure?
- Keeping your information secure is our top priority. 1099-Prep is hosted in top tier and highly rated facilities with ISO 27001, SOC 1 TYPE II and SOC 2 TYPE II controls in place. In addition, a third party vendor is contracted to perform penetration testing against the 1099-Prep platform to validate that it was developed and continues to be developed securely. Like most other reputable online services, 1099-Prep uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology which encrypts the connection between a server and a client and has two-factor authentication in place for client sign-in. All credit card transactions are processed through a certified PCI-compliant service.